We introduced a few new tools for Maya subscription customers with the release of Maya 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack. I wanted to take a moment and focus in on the software installation of one of these tools.
Using Craft Animation Tools will give you access to four pre-rigged models of two cars and two planes, as well as four camera rigs Craft SoftMotionCam, Craft ObserverCam, Craft MultiStateCam, Craft HumanizerCam.
When installing users of Windows will automatically get Craft Animation tools installed during the regular Maya installation process but this is not the case for Linux and Mac users. You will need to install it manually after the Maya install is completed.
Below are the steps needed to get Craft Animation Tools installed for Linux and Mac users.
Install the Craft Animations plug-in on Mac OS X
- Double-click the Maya .dmg download package.
- In the Finder window that opens, double-click the Support folder.
- In the Finder window that opens, double-click the Craft Animation .dmg,then double-click Install.
Install the Craft Animations plug-in on Linux
- Extract the Maya packages from the compressed file.
- Navigate to the Support folder and extract the craftdirectorstudio .tar.gzfile.
- As a super user, navigate to the directory where you extracted the package.
- Type ./install.bash.This starts the Craft Animation plug-in installation. Before using the Craft Animation plug-in for the first time, you need to loadthe plug-In using the Plug-in Manager.
To load Craft Animations Director Studio plug-in
- Start Maya.
- Select Window > Settings/Preferences > Plug-in Manager. The Plug-inManager opens.
- Locate Craft Animations and turn on Loaded.To load Craft automatically every time you start Maya, turn on Auto load.4 Click Close.
You can access the Craft Animations plug-in from the shelf by clickingthe DirectorStudio tab, then clicking the icon.